This overview was designed to help you understand how to come up with creative advertising ideas and test them on the Facebook and Instagram platforms.
We’ll start with a key focus area for your creatives: mobile optimization. Over 90% of all Facebook and Instagram users are on mobile, so you should design your creatives to be mobile-first. How?
Start with mobile-first best practices:
- Video ads should run for 15 seconds or less
- Design for sound off
- Frame your asset in the right aspect ratio*
Now that your ad is mobile optimized, you can spice it up with creative considerations for driving sales.
- Static + video works best together, especially for sales-driven campaigns.
- Highlight your brand strategy early. Brand association within three seconds of a video’s start is positively correlated with an increase in brand awareness.
- Showcasing the product or service for most of the video increases conversions.
- Get noticed. Being noticed is positively correlated with increased sales.
Okay, you’ve followed the steps above. Now how can you measure your creative success and test other creative variations?
- Ad diagnostics. Use the ad relevance diagnostics tool to see how your ads are performing in the auction and troubleshoot poor performance.
- Video creative. Use the video performance card in the Ads Manager to assess view-through rate for video ads.
- A/B test. Create a Facebook A/B test to determine the winning creative asset. Setting up a proper A/B test and picking a winner can decrease your CPA by 26%.
How can I identify when it’s time to refresh my creative after launch?